[libvirt] libvirt & git send-email

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Wed Sep 12 15:53:33 UTC 2012

I have (hopefully) figured out how to use git and have submitted three
emails: a cover, updates for IPv4 and updates for IPv6 ... in fact, I
have done this twice ... once yesterday around noon and again a few
minutes ago.  I submitted them today because the emails had not appeared
on libvir-lst.

So, after sending them today my CC appeared and a minute or so later the
patches appeared on the mailing list.  BUT, these emails were the ones I
sent yesterday, are dated such, have yesterday's subject line (today's
was very slightly different), and had the Message-id from yesterday.

Yes, both yesterday and today, I tested doing the "git send-email" by
specifying some different email addresses I have and I, indeed, received
two copies (TO and CC).

If anyone knows what happened, please tell me.  If I screwed something
up, I would like to not do it again.

The from email address matches the email address that is subscribed to
this list so that should not be the problem.

If this remains a mystery, so be it.

Gene