[libvirt] [libvirt-java] Upload 0.4.8 to central Maven repository

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 14:59:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 04:18:21PM +0200, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 02:19 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> Ok, I've been reading some docs and found:
> * http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
> * https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Central+Sync+Requirements
>
> When you check the list on the second link it seems that the POM
> file for libvirt-java is missing the <developers> section which is
> mandatory now.

I'm sure there is some kind of validation tools available somewhere
or it's really a bad use of XML :-)

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.1.3/maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.pom
doesn't seems to have any <developers> section though ...

> I'm not sure about these two lines though:
> * If the project packaging is jar, and the jar file contains java
> classes, there must be a -javadoc.jar for main artifact.
> * If the project packaging is jar, and the jar file contains java
> classes, there must be a -sources.jar for main artifact.

  Well "ant docs" creates and populate a target/javadoc/ so
we ought to be able to package that as jar somehow
  And well the source are here too

> I checked the maven-ant-tasks repo and saw they are providing these
> files:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/
>
> For now we can simply put a README file in both those JAR files
> pointing to libvirt.org?
>
> You can manually create both these JAR files and see if the central
> repo fetches them then?

  Looking at the maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3-javadoc.jar example, it seems
to directly contain the HTML files
  (cd target/javadoc && jar cvf ../libvirt-java-0.4.9-javadoc.jar .)
seems to do the trick and
  jar cvf libvirt-java-0.4.9-sources.jar AUTHORS build.properties \
  build.xml ChangeLog INSTALL libvirt-java.spec.in LICENCE NEWS \
  pom.xml.in README.in README src/  test.sh
to generate a sources one

  I will push those out and checksum those, let's see how it goes,