[libvirt] [libvirt-java] Upload 0.4.8 to central Maven repository

Wido den Hollander wido at widodh.nl
Mon Sep 17 14:19:46 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 02:50 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 02:32:03PM +0200, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>> On 17-09-12 14:20, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:35:02AM +0200, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>>    I wonder where we could get the needed informations ...
>>>
>> I've been searching and found: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
>>
>> "Publishing your artifacts to the Central Repository"
>>
>> That seems to suggest that since January 2010 they no longer sync
>> from any location and you should use Sonatype OSS for that.
>>
>> This seems to be the online way: https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide
>
>    Holy crap ... what a monstruosity.
> And the reason:
>
> "Additionally, there is no good mechanism currently for validating the
> incoming data via the rsync, and this leads to bad metadata that affects
> everyone. "
>
>    Put the damn metadata *in the package* and gpg sign it. Either you
> trust the key or not is the question, but the problem was solved by rpm
> more than a decade ago IMHO !
>
>    Not sure Maven is really the way to go that's seems seriously broken.

You could always leave it and not use the central repo. Under the Java
bindings you could make a section pointing to the Maven repo and a
pom.xml:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commitdiff;h=881a4be1264a7f7659f8356a494d45789e19dd01

If you're fine with that I'll submit a patch for libvirt.org

Wido