Re: [libvirt] Release of libvirt-0.10.2

On 09/24/2012 02:20 AM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On 09/24/2012 01:18 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>   Since there was no negative feedback since rc2, I have rolled the
>> release a bit earlier this morning, it is tagged in git and available
>> as usual at:
>>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
> Thanks. Just testing on Fedora-18. So far everything smooth.
>
> #--------------------------------#
> [root localhost ~]# rpm -q libvirt-daemon-kvm qemu-kvm ; uname -r
> libvirt-daemon-kvm-0.10.2-1.fc18.x86_64
> qemu-kvm-1.2.0-9.fc18.x86_64
> 3.6.0-0.rc6.git0.2.fc18.x86_64
> [root localhost ~]# virsh list
>  Id    Name                           State
>  2     f17vm1                         running
>
> [root localhost ~]#
>
> Also testing blockcommit related work now.

The API made it in, but the implementation did not; for now, the
blockcommit command will just fail.  I'm still working on the API for
0.10.3 for offline domains, and waiting for qemu 1.3 to provide hooks
for online domains; however, since the API is in place, it is feasible
to backport the implementations without breaking .so versioning, so it
is still possible that RHEL releases may choose to backport whatever I
get working even while sticking to 0.10.2 .so naming.