Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-users] (no subject)

[please provide subject lines; your email was nearly eaten by spam filters]

On 04/09/2013 03:51 PM, arvind viswanathan wrote:
> I wanted to check if event loop integration was supported even for remote
> applications using libvirt. My application would like to make non-blocking
> calls and also recv asynchronous notification remotely. Can some one point
> out if its supported.

Yes, libvirt is able to provide asynchronous event notifications.  Check
out
http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virConnectDomainEventRegisterAny
for the API for registering your callback function to be called when the
right event happens.  Also, take a look at the examples/domain-events/
directory inside the libvirt tarball, which includes both C and python
examples for acting on asynchronous events.