[libvirt] Google Summer of Code 2013 ideas wiki open

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Sat Apr 13 05:27:39 UTC 2013

On 12/04/13 23:57, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [...]

Yes, a new virsh command wrapper existing APIs is good enough.

>>> Yes, these 4 tasks should be a whole project which may merit
>>> almost a 12-week project. Like danpb and Osier said *rename jobs
>>> may be realized more Libvirt interfaces.
>>>
>> Sorry, i just considered stefan wannted to ask my suggestions :-/
> Right, I'm trying to check with danpb, mprivozn, eblake, and osier
> whether these tasks are worthy of a 12-week project.

As said before, It's hard to implement the renaming for active objects,
even not possible or deserved. For inactive objects, the way to implement
it for all the objects is just similar and mechanical, but per we already
have a project to introduce an API to query domain IP address, having
another project to introduce other APIs for beginner makes sense too.
Though It should be simpler than the one to query domain IP address,
it needs mechanical work time.