[libvirt] What about next release ?

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 15:44:27 UTC 2013

On 23.04.2013 14:53, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   We are getting quite close to the end of the month, if we want
> to stick to the 'end of month release' I guess we need to enter the
> freeze for 1.0.5 at the end of the week say Friday, and then push
> the release, assuming there is no big problem on Thursday next week
> (May 2, I could probably do it on May 1 but most civilized people
> will enjoy the May 1 day off so that should not change that much ;-)
>
> Daniel

On the other hand, I just found we are unable to start a guest with
virtio-serial, e.g. a guest agent:

<domain>
  <devices>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/f17.agent'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
  </devices>
</domain>

Throws me an error:
qemu-system-x86_64: -device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0:
Bus 'virtio-serial0.0' is full
qemu-system-x86_64: -device
virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0:
Bus 'virtio-serial0.0' not found

I am currently chasing the root cause down.

Michal