[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.2

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Aug 28 18:11:39 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 09:55 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   I am a day late but I finally tagged the release candidate 1
> of 1.1.2 in git and push the tarball and rpms to the usual place:
>
>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
>  so the plan is to have an rc2 candidate on friday and if everything
> looks good push the final release 1.1.2 on Monday.
>
>   Please give it a try especially for potential portability issues,
>
>    thanks in advance !

Just tested (preliminary) on  x86. Works fine:

-------------------
  $ git describe
  v1.1.2-rc1

  $ ./autogen.sh

  $ make -j5 && make check
  [...]
  All 92 tests passed
  (3 tests were not run)

  $ sudo yum-builddep libvirt -y

  $ make rpm

  $ cd /home/kashyap/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/

  $ sudo yum localinstall libvirt-*1.1.1*.rpm

  $ sudo virsh version
  Compiled against library: libvirt 1.1.1
  Using library: libvirt 1.1.1
  Using API: QEMU 1.1.1
  Running hypervisor: QEMU 1.4.0

The above was run on a host where I already have 10 Fedora/RHEL guests running. libvirtd
restarts fine, all guests running smoothly.

--
/kashyap