Re: [libvirt] [Libvirt][Sheepdog]Sheepdog pool/volume storage driver for libvirt problem

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita kazutaka lab ntt co jp> wrote:
> 1. prepare a file containing an XML domain description
>   $ cat > sheepdog.xml
>   <domain type='qemu'>
>     <name>testvm</name>
>     <memory>1048576</memory>
>     <os>
>       <type arch='x86_64'>hvm</type>
>     </os>
>     <devices>
>       <disk type='network'>
>         <source protocol="sheepdog" name="testvdi"/>
>         <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
>       </disk>
>     </devices>
>   </domain>
> 2. boot from testvdi with virsh
>   $ virsh create sheepdog.xml

Thanks, i have found this from our Sheepdog wiki page in Github.
But i also have some questions about these steps, which if you have
free time, please see my last mail it has sent to you named "Test boot
VMs from sheepdog volumes in Libvirt".

>> 3, Network disk support can support online storage management, right?
> If you are talking about something like volume creation and deletion,
> the patch doesn't contain it.

Yup, i see, thanks very much.

Harry Wei