Re: [libvirt] [Libvirt]How to get libvirt version after git clone?

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Matthias Bolte
<matthias bolte googlemail com> wrote:
[...]
> You can look at the AC_INIT line in configure.ac
>
> AC_INIT([libvirt], [1.0.2], [libvir-list redhat com], [], [http://libvirt.org])
>
> the second argument is the latest released version.

This is just the *latest released version* but my download libvirt
repo's version.

> You can also use
>
> git describe --abbrev=0
>
> to get the latest tag, as released versions and release candidates are tagged.

This is the latest tag. I think download libvirt repo may have no version, which
has just latest released version or latest tag, right?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei