[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

[libvirt] [PATCH 00/13] Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind



This set of patches resolves issues seen in the Valgrind tests. 

The update to the .valgrind.supp file is from my environment and is
very basic. Some paths in the previous version don't exist anymore.
Based on recent (and continuing) commandtest failures, adjustments
still may be necessary depending on environment.

To assist in that I also updated the hacking document to describe a bit
more about the Valgrind tests with respect to success, failure, and
false positives. In particular, how to hopefully recognize each and
decide whether what's seen is a false positive.

Prior to the recent vircommand and commandtest changes, the commandtest
was passing, but now it fails.  The failure may be related to:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-February/msg00269.html

I spent some time looking at the output, but could not figure out a
root cause.  I'll keep trying, but figured at the very least the other
changes are still valid.

John Ferlan (13):
  virnettlscontexttest: Resolve memory leak found by Valgrind
  qemuxml2argvtest: Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind
  netdev_vlan_conf: Resolve memory leak found by Valgrind.
  vport_profile_conf: Resolve memory leak found by Valgrind
  domain_conf: Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind
  qemu_command: Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind
  qemumonitorjsontest: Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind
  qemumonitortestutils: Resolve resource leaks found by Valgrind
  virnetttlcontext: Resolve issues found by Valgrind
  valgrind: Adjust the suppression file
  hacking: Add more information about Valgrind
  HACKING: Sync with docs/hacking.html.in
  cfg.mk: Add hacking.in.html to sc_prohibit_raw_allocation

 HACKING                              |  93 ++++++++++-
 cfg.mk                               |   2 +-
 docs/hacking.html.in                 |  96 +++++++++++-
 src/conf/domain_conf.c               |  12 +-
 src/conf/netdev_vlan_conf.c          |   3 +-
 src/conf/netdev_vport_profile_conf.c |   1 +
 src/qemu/qemu_command.c              |  68 ++++----
 src/rpc/virnettlscontext.c           |   4 +-
 tests/.valgrind.supp                 | 292 +++++++----------------------------
 tests/qemumonitorjsontest.c          |  23 ++-
 tests/qemumonitortestutils.c         |   7 +-
 tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c             |   6 +-
 tests/virnettlscontexttest.c         |   8 +-
 13 files changed, 319 insertions(+), 296 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.11.7


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]