Re: [libvirt] Thoughts on adding a domain type of jvm

On 02/08/2013 12:20 PM, Scott Stark wrote:

[any way you can convince your mailer to wrap long lines?]

> I'm working with a java vm vendor that is developing a multi-tenancy jvm and is trying to leverage the libvirt framework for the domain configuration. Right now the java language binding leverages the libvirt c library for parsing the domain.xml file. What are the thoughts on adding a 'jvm' domain type?

You mean, adding a a src/jvm/jvm_driver.c backend that supports a
jvm:/// URI for connecting to your vms?  Seems reasonable; we've added
support for other hypervisor technologies in the past.

> I believe there would need to be a jvm specific section in a separate namespace similar to the qemucmdline section.

You may want to look at the patches for adding a URI for parallels://
(commit cafc26ff, and lots of more recent commits with a prefix of
'parallels:') or hyperv:// (commit 4d6e6f4 and more recent commits with
a prefix of 'hyperv:') for inspiration on what it would take to
contribute your patch.