[libvirt] Google Summer of Code 2013 ideas wiki open

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:15:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I believe Google will announce GSoC again this year (there is
>>> no guarantee though) and I have created the wiki page so we can begin
>>> organizing project ideas that students can choose from.
>>
>> Google Summer of Code 2013 has just been announced!
>>
>> http://google-opensource.blogspot.de/2013/02/flip-bits-not-burgers-google-summer-of.html
>>
>> Some project ideas have already been discussed on IRC or private
>> emails.  Please go ahead and put them on the project ideas wiki page:
>>
>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013
>>

> I am a senior student and wanna do some jobs about storage in Libvirt
> in GSOC 2013.
> I wonder whether Libvirt and QEMU will join GSOC 2013 together. If
> true, i will focus
> on http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013 and add myself introductions
> to QEMU links said by Stefan Hajnoczi. Could anyone give me some suggestions?
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Harry,
Thanks for your interest.  You can begin thinking about ideas but
please keep in mind that we are still in the very early stages of GSoC
preparation.

Google will publish the list of accepted organizations on April 8th.
Then there is a period of over 3 weeks to discuss your project idea
with the organization.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is to get familiar with the code
bases and see if you can find/fix a bug.  Contributing patches is a
great way to get noticed.

There is always a chance that QEMU and/or libvirt may not be among the
list of accepted organizations, so don't put all your eggs in one
basket :).

Stefan