[libvirt] building libvirt 1.0.2 without quite a few features - undefined reference to `curl_global_init'

Thierry Parmentelat thierry.parmentelat at inria.fr
Wed Feb 20 11:42:27 UTC 2013

Hi again
Looks like I claimed victory quite a liitle bit too early ;-)

So, on f16 with the set of features turned off, I could rpmbuild but ran into an issue when trying to yum-install libvirt, because it required
libvirt-daemon-driver-interface
looks like this interface rpm is not created in my case because I've turned off netcf, so I'm trying to work around this problem by re-enabling netcf, but if there's any other way I could go please let me know

And, on f18, I'm still facing this issue here
 CCLD   libvirtd
/longbuildroot/BUILD/libvirt-1.0.2/src/.libs/libvirt.so: undefined reference to `curl_global_init'
even though I have *double* checked that I have enabled the same patch that solved my problem on f16....

just in case that can be useful, here are the curl rpms that I have installed on my build box at the time of this problem

[2013.02.20--lxc18] /build/BUILD/libvirt-1.0.2 # rpm -aq | grep curl
curl-7.27.0-5.fc18.x86_64
libcurl-devel-7.27.0-5.fc18.x86_64
libcurl-7.27.0-5.fc18.x86_64
python-pycurl-7.19.0-12.fc18.x86_64