[libvirt] libvirt maint branches

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Thu Feb 21 04:16:43 UTC 2013

Instead of hijacking another thread I figured I'd start a new one. I
tried to push the branch I had made as requested by Jiri, but I don't
appear to have access.

$ git push origin v1.0.2-maint
Counting objects: 30, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
Writing objects: 100% (22/22), 3.44 KiB, done.
Total 22 (delta 16), reused 5 (delta 4)remote: *** Creating a branch
is not allowed in this repository
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/v1.0.2-maint
To ssh://libvirt.org/git/libvirt.git
 ! [remote rejected] v1.0.2-maint -> v1.0.2-maint (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://libvirt.org/git/libvirt.git'

How do we want to go about actually creating these branches? I make
one everytime I have to backport a fix due to a regression from a
previous release. I'll typically only keep them "maintained" until the
next official release. I wouldn't consider them stable like what Cole
maintains but more like someone ran into an issue and it needed a fix.
So there might be other issues in them that go undiscovered or
unsolved. I just say this because I don't want to clutter the repo
with a lot of useless branches, but again if people think they'd be
useful I'm happy to push them.

--
Doug Goldstein