[libvirt] building libvirt 1.0.2 without quite a few features - undefined reference to `curl_global_init'

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 08:56:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 09:00:04 +0100, Thierry Parmentelat wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have 2 additional suggestions for a smoother build with 1.0.2
>
> * I applied this change in my specfile:
> http://git.onelab.eu/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=184bc19ce855e1498f6775b711ea3d37808cd45c
> otherwise like I reported already, I end up with a plain libvirt rpm that requires libvirt-daemon-driver-interface that the build does not produce
>
> * this patch here
> http://git.onelab.eu/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=libcurl-daemon.patch;h=a13198e7e65780b29e8b0dc4b497b4ade7614855;hb=2dbdf0bfe8ce97f475b7fe10d14b75c6fd475552
> was required on f18 for me as well (this is similar to a change in src/Makefile.am that you guys had pointed me to in the first place)
> for that to kick in I also had to add 'autoreconf' before %configure in the specfile
> (I haven't tested with just he autoreconf, that might have been enough ?)

Oh right, if you add a patch for Makefile.am to a spec file, you need to
set enable_autotools to 1 (no need to manually add a call to autoreconf
since it's already there); look at lines 11-14 in the spec file.

> IMHO I feel like this would make sense in mainstream, although I would
> not go as far as to claim that I captured the whole subtlety of that
> build :-)

Feel free to send patches to this list, that's the best way of
discussing whether they fix something in the right way.

Jirka