Re: [libvirt] Redefinition of struct in6_addr in <netinet/in.h> and <linux/in6.h>

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM, David Miller <davem davemloft net> wrote:

When GLIBC doesn't provide it's own definition of some networking
macros or interfaces that the kernel provides, people include the
kernel header.

Recently I got a problem when copying a structure from kernel to userspace, after debugging I found:

kernel:   include/linux/inet.h

#define INET6_ADDRSTRLEN        (48)

glibc:  /usr/include/netinet/in.h

#define INET6_ADDRSTRLEN 46

Any reason to differentiate them from each other?

--
Thanks,
Jike