[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

[libvirt] [PATCH 00/14] Resolve more Coverity issues



I got answer from someone on the Coverity boards regarding a false positive
related to how VIR_FREE() was operating when passed an address of an address
to some memory, see my note from last week:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-January/msg01353.html

Essentially the issue is the "?:" construct in the VIR_FREE() macro and
Coverity taking the "else" condition as a possible path even though it
technically couldn't happen ((1) ? xxx : yyy).  The suggestion made was
to remove the "?:", but since this only happens in the static analysis
case I used the existing STATIC_ANALYSIS build directive. This change
resolved about 100 false positives.

In doing this, Coverity uncovered a few more uninitialized variables prior
to VIR_FREE calls and a couple of instances where VIR_FREE was being called
on already free'd memory plus one instance where a pointer to free'd memory
was being returned (in qemumonitortestutils.c).

John Ferlan (14):
  viralloc: Adjust definition of VIR_FREE() for Coverity
  conf: Need to initialize variables before VIR_FREE
  virnetserver: Need to initialize 'sigdata'
  virnetsockettest: Need to initialize 'path'
  virnetdev: Need to initialize 'pciConfigAddr'
  commandtest: Need to initialize 'errbuf'
  virfile: Need to initialize 'looppath'
  lxc: Need to initialize 'dst'
  virsh: Need to intialize 'str'
  storage: Need to initialize 'zerobuf'
  interface: Need to initialize 'ifaces_list'
  security: Need to initialize 'sens'
  virkeepalive: Remove erroneous VIR_FREE(msg)
  tests: Need to initialize 'test' properly on error path

 src/conf/domain_audit.c                |  4 ++--
 src/interface/interface_backend_udev.c |  2 +-
 src/lxc/lxc_driver.c                   |  4 ++--
 src/rpc/virkeepalive.c                 |  1 -
 src/rpc/virnetserver.c                 |  2 +-
 src/security/security_selinux.c        |  2 +-
 src/storage/storage_backend.c          |  2 +-
 src/util/viralloc.h                    | 11 ++++++++++-
 src/util/virfile.c                     |  2 +-
 src/util/virnetdev.c                   |  2 +-
 tests/commandtest.c                    |  2 +-
 tests/qemumonitortestutils.c           |  1 +
 tests/virnetsockettest.c               |  4 ++--
 tools/virsh.c                          |  2 +-
 14 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.11.7


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]