Re: [libvirt] [Sheepdog][Libvirt]How should i test sheepdog in libvirt

At Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:46:15 +0800,
harryxiyou wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou gmail com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
> > <morita kazutaka gmail com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> I wrote a minimum guide to use sheepdog volumes from virsh.  Hope it
> >> would help you:
> >> https://github.com/collie/sheepdog/wiki/Libvirt
> >>

> Actually, i do not wanna start a VM. I just wanna test if 'virsh' can
> create/destroy a Sheepdog volume. The logical relationships are
> like this(parameters are sent):
> virsh --> libvirt client --> libvirt server --> qemu
> How should i use 'virsh' command create/destroy a Sheepdog volume?

You can create a pool based on Sheepdog with
 $ virsh pool-create pool.xml
and create a shepdog volume with
 $ virsh vol-create vol.xml

Example XML descriptions are available on the libvirt documentation
page:
  http://libvirt.org/storage.html#StorageBackendSheepdog

See also 'virsh help'.

Thanks,