[libvirt] AttributeError in virConnect.__del__ at program exit

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 16:21:42 UTC 2013

On 06/11/2013 07:58 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> using vdsm python code, I've the following error at program exit that
> seems to be related to libvirt python code, something wrong in a destructor:
>
> Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("virConnect instance has  no
> attribute 'domainEventCallbacks'",) in <bound method  virConnect.__del__
> of <libvirt.virConnect instance at  0x4280f38>> ignored
>
> I'm using libvirt 1.0.6
>
> Is it a known issue? Is there any workaround / fix ?

I've seen this too, sometimes via the virtinst test suite. Once upon a time I
tracked it down to whether the virtinst code did 'import selinux' or not, so
maybe it's a just some weird race, or a side effect of something other
libraries do in their cleanup path. By inspection alone the __del__ handler
doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong.

- Cole