[libvirt] AttributeError in virConnect.__del__ at program exit

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 17:31:42 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 04:10 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 11/06/2013 18:21, Cole Robinson ha scritto:
>> On 06/11/2013 07:58 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> using vdsm python code, I've the following error at program exit that
>>> seems to be related to libvirt python code, something wrong in a destructor:
>>>
>>> Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("virConnect instance has  no
>>> attribute 'domainEventCallbacks'",) in <bound method  virConnect.__del__
>>> of <libvirt.virConnect instance at  0x4280f38>> ignored
>>>
>>> I'm using libvirt 1.0.6
>>>
>>> Is it a known issue? Is there any workaround / fix ?
>>>
>> I've seen this too, sometimes via the virtinst test suite. Once upon a time I
>> tracked it down to whether the virtinst code did 'import selinux' or not, so
>> maybe it's a just some weird race, or a side effect of something other
>> libraries do in their cleanup path. By inspection alone the __del__ handler
>> doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong.
>>
>> - Cole
>
> It seems related only to domainEventCallbacks so maybe it appears only
> after a domain creation / modification.

Oh, sorry, now that I look at the code it makes a bit more sense. The error I
was recalling was a __del__ Exception but wasn't involving domain events.

But I still don't see why __del__ is complaining, since the whole thing is
wrapped in try: ... except AttributeError. So not sure what the issue is.

- Cole