[libvirt] question about ading spice and vnc hardware

i create VM through virt-manage.
add hardware--> graphic--(spice,vnc server)
i do not understand the word 'server' means,
In my opinion , spice or vnc server is on KVM-HOST side,  vnc,spice client connect to KVM-HOST. there are nothing to do with guestOS.
why virt-manage need me to add "server"?

thanks