Re: [libvirt] question about ading spice and vnc hardware

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM, yue <libvirt 163 com> wrote:
> i create VM through virt-manage.
> add hardware--> graphic--(spice,vnc server)
> i do not understand the word 'server' means,
> In my opinion , spice or vnc server is on KVM-HOST side,  vnc,spice client
> connect to KVM-HOST. there are nothing to do with guestOS.
> why virt-manage need me to add "server"?

The question is around what graphics hardware do you want the guest to
have? Do you want a standard VGA (which qemu will then turn into a VNC
server for you)? Or do you want Spice (which requires driver support
in the guest OS) which you can connect to with a Spice client?

Does that answer your question?