[libvirt] about Application_Development_Guide.pdf

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 17:38:29 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 09:30 PM, huyp1024 wrote:
> Daniel,thanks for replying !
> i want to be involved with libvirt program, if I delicate myself to writing more content for the docs,what could i do ?
> I'm familiar with java and python,by the way ,i'm chinese,so there may be some risks that the docs i write can not be understanded by others.

We have a review process, so even if your English isn't the strongest,
I'm sure reviewers would be glad to point out improvements if you take
the initiative to provide a starting point to comment on.  If you want
to tackle doc improvements, I'd suggest first checking out the
appropriate git modules, and setting up your environment to the point
that you can get them built.  Then, just like libvirt.git, patches to
the doc repositories are sent to this list; it might help to 'git config
format.subjectprefix "virshcmdref"' for libvirt-virshcmdref.git, and so
forth, so that reviewers can see by the subject line which repository a
patch is against.

If you decide the language barrier makes documentation too difficult for
your situation, then code patches are also welcome - basically, we are
open to any contribution from anyone willing to improve libvirt, whether
big or small.

Some advice on the mailing list: you may want to investigate setting
your mailer to wrap long lines, and we generally avoid top-posting on
technical lists.