[libvirt] FW: How to get iteration time & downtime?

Jiri Denemark (jdenemar@redhat.com) jdenemar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 12:47:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:22:39 +0000, Yuan, Ye A wrote:
> I read your instruction about your API, but there is no function do
> get 'iteration time'.

Right, you can only get downtime. The reason is that QEMU does not
provide statistics about iteration time.

> Does that mean I should implement it by myself? And if I want to get
> the dirty page bitmap, should I review libvirt source code and print
> information to log file during migration?

Well, it's not libvirt where you need to be looking. The migration is
done in QEMU, libvirt just controls it. In other words, you need to go
to QEMU sources to get more statistics about migration. And in case you
need any guidance or answers for your questions, qemu-devel at nongnu.org
is the primary list for QEMU developers.

Jirka