Re: [libvirt] DTD or Schema for VM definition file

On 05/30/2013 01:48 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any DTD or Schema for the VM's XML file?  I found an
> interesting doc called "Domain XML Format", on the libvirt website,
> which explains all the elements but didn't find any reference to a
> Schema or DTD.

In the libvirt tarball is a set of files that provide a RelaxNG grammar
describing domain XML; you can run virt-xml-validate(1) to access that
grammar programmatically, or look at where the grammar gets installed
(on Fedora, it is in /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/*.rng).