[libvirt] New libvirt python GIT repository

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 15:18:40 UTC 2013

We have now pushed the python binding code to its new GIT repository
location. If you intend to work on python bindings, please get yourself
a checkout of the following

   http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-python.git;a=summary
   git://libvirt.org/libvirt-python.git

The python binding will generally be released at the same time as major
libvirt releases, if new manually written bindings were required. If
all new APIs were correctly handled by the code generator, we will not
need to do a release.

The minor maint branches will also be separate for libvirt.git vs
libvirt-python.git. It is unlikely we'll need to do maint branches
for the python code most of the time. If we do though, there is no
need to synchronize with libvirt maint releases.