[libvirt] virDomain{Attach, Detach, Update}DeviceFlags filesystem support for qemu driver

Jesse Cook code.crashenx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 01:08:07 UTC 2013

It does not currently appear to be possible to attach/detach a filesystem
with kvm through the C API or virsh. Looking at
src/qemu/qemu_driver.c:qemuDomain{Attach,Detach,Update}Config,
VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_FS is not a case within the switch statement for
dev->type.

Is support for this planned for the near future or in progress? If not, how
much would have to be implemented outside these functions to add support
for attaching, detaching, and modifying filesystems? I would like to gauge
whether I should carve out time to add support, or work around it by using
disks in place of filesystems. Thanks!

--
Jesse J. Cook
Camber Corporation