[libvirt] build: fix linking virt-login-shell

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 09:51:29 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 10:45 AM, Claudio Bley wrote:
> At Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:57:40 +0100,
> Michal Privoznik wrote:
>>
>> On 23.10.2013 07:17, Claudio Bley wrote:
>>> Could someone cherrypick this to the maint branches as well, please?!
>>>
>>> And, while at it, maybe also e350826c6 and 843bdb2f8a3.
>>
>> I've backported all three patches onto v1.1.3-maint and v1.1.2-maint
>> branches.
>
> Thanks!
>
> BTW, what's the policy of pushing to maint branches? I remember that
> there was a message on this list regarding permissions on those
> branches, but can't find it right now. Is it prohibited / uncalled for
> to push to those branches?

If it's a bug fix (not a feature) and you have push rights, you're more
than welcome to push it to maint branches.  If the backport is not
trivial, it's probably best to post it for review, but if it backports
cleanly, it's fine to just state that you already pushed the backport
without repeating the contents of the patch.