[libvirt] link fow downloading libvirt-0.10.2-19.el6

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 12:45:18 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 05:59 AM, arun abhinay wrote:
> Hi Laine,

[Please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Thanks a lot for your inputs. We will try to download the code from
> libvirt-0.10.2-main t and build libvirt with the patch for crash issue.
>
> We are using WR kenerl of below version
> 2.6.34.13-WR4

That still doesn't answer our question of:

>> You haven't said what OS you are running (aside from referencing a bug
>> report filed against a build of libvirt made for RHEL6.x). If you're
>> running RHEL, then you should open a support incident with Red Hat. If
>> you're running some other distro, you should find the most recent
>> pre-built package for that distro. If that doesn't help and you have to
>> build libvirt yourself, then rather than upgrading to some different old
>> version (1.0.5), you would probably do better to upgrade to the latest
>> release (1.1.2).

what distro are you trying to build for?  If you have a support contract
(such as if you are using RHEL), then this is a question for your
distro; otherwise, you are MUCH better off trying to get the latest
release working than you are trying to do backporting efforts yourself,
as this list focuses mainly on upstream development, not debugging
backport efforts.