[libvirt] [bug] State of "in shutdown".

Dongsheng Yang yangds.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Sep 17 06:02:07 UTC 2013

Hi experts:
     I got the following description by <man virsh>:
     ```
     STATES

     shutdown
                    The domain is in the process of shutting down, i.e.
the guest
     operating system has been notified and should be in the process of
     stopping its operations gracefully.
     ```
But I found the state of VM is "running" even when it is in process of
shutting down.

e.g:
# virsh list
  Id    Name                           State
  41    virt-tests-vm1                 running
# virsh shutdown virt-tests-vm1;echo $?;virsh domstate virt-tests-vm1
--reason
Domain virt-tests-vm1 is being shutdown

0
running (booted)
# virsh domstate virt-tests-vm1 --reason
running (booted)
... ...
# virsh domstate virt-tests-vm1 --reason
shut off (shutdown)

As shown above, I can not get a "shutdown" (or "in shutdown") for the VM
state.
Do you think it is a bug, or something not good enough?

Wish your help!!