Re: [libvirt] make check error

On 09/17/2013 05:43 AM, Peter Krempa wrote:
> On 09/17/13 13:31, hzguanqiang corp netease com wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> I made a automated test for the libvirt code in git source repository right now, It reported a check error.
>>
>> The operation steps and error info are as following:

>>   CC     virsh-virsh-domain.o
>> virsh-domain.c: In function 'cmdMetadata':
>> virsh-domain.c:6857:10: error: declaration of 'remove' shadows a global declaration [-Werror=shadow]
>
> Your system is apparently polluting the global namespace with a symbol
> named remove. I'll post patches soon.

In particular, <stdio.h> declares remove(), and your system has an older
gcc that loves to warn about the conflict (newer gcc seems to be a bit
quieter about it, though, which is why it snuck in in the first place).
 At any rate, we've frequently patched problems like this in the past,
such as in commit cbe31911.