[libvirt] Some Questiones about patch submission and libvirt development workflow.

Hi Eric,
On 2013-09-18 00:12 , Eric Blake wrote:
On 09/17/2013 09:56 AM, hzguanqiang gmail com wrote:
> From: Guan Qiang <hzguanqiang corp netease com>
>
> The patches add support for setting/getting blkio read/write bps/iops
> throttle per-device with blkio cgroup.

Closer.  This time, your cover letter lists:

which is valid; but your patches list:

which is still not a valid email reference (according to the RFCs,
are not threaded to the cover letter.

Note how confused the list archiver got when trying to decipher your mail:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-September/thread.html#01007

For an example of threading done right, see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-September/thread.html#00982

There, the cover letter uses:

and each patch contains:

When working on git mail configurations, it is often a good idea to use
'git send-email --to=YOUR EMAIL' and send the patches to yourself first,
to check if you have properly configured git, before sending to the list.

At any rate, please don't resend just because of this (3 attempts is
enough for one day; the patches are available, even if we have to hunt a
bit for them); just remember it for you next future patch submission :)

I've tried to send the patches to my own email before I send-email to libvir-list.
But How do I confirm it's ok? Make sure the patch series with the same
Message-id, References and In-Reply-To info?

And What're the whole libvirt development workflow? After I submit a patch,
What will happen following? Is there anyone assigned to review it? If modification need
to be made for the patches, should submitter send new patch email? Or If the patch is not
so interested, will it be ignored? And what's the requirement for a patch to be signed off?

Thanks
Best regards!
GuanQiang
14:30:25