[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.3

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 20:51:53 UTC 2013

On 09/25/2013 11:30 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   I'm a day late from suggested schedule, but I have now tagged rc1 in
> git and pushed the tarball and rpms to the usual place:
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
>  My initial testing didn't revealed anything bad, but wider testing
> is obviously needed, i have heard of problem on FreeBSD by Jason,
> hopefully we can collect and fix those in time.
>
>  I will probably make rc2 during the w.e. and depending on news push on
> Tuesday next week or a bit later the final 1.1.3
>
>    thanks for testing and reports !

I'm investigating some failures on cygwin 1.7.25, built with
'./configure --without-vbox':

  CC       libvirtd_conf_la-libvirtd-config.lo
In file included from ../src/rpc/virnetmessage.h:24:0,
                 from ../src/rpc/virnetserverprogram.h:27,
                 from ../src/rpc/virnetserver.h:32,
                 from libvirtd-config.c:31:
../src/rpc/virnetprotocol.h:9:21: fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file
or directory

I suspect it is just a missing CFLAGS, since other Makefile.am manage to
include the appropriate -I/usr/lib/tirpc just fine, as needed for that
header.

Also, the gnulib testsuite will fail at least test-dup2, but this is due
to a bug in cygwin where I have posted upstream fixes for cygwin[1] and
gnulib[2].  I'm unwilling to update this particular libvirt release to
the newest gnulib just to work around the problem (the risk of breaking
some other platform with a last-minute change to dup2 outweighs the
benefit of solving the testsuite failure on cygwin for this release).

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2013-q3/msg00010.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2013-09/msg00072.html