[libvirt] libvirt Hyper-v 2012 r2 fix

vikhyath reddy reddy.vikhyath at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:26:12 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Thanks for libvirt. I did see on the libvirt page that hyper-v 2008 is
supported (which it does). So I tried running it on Hyper-v 2012 r2 but
virsh fails to connect by an error that says

*"error: internal error: SOAP fault during enumeration: code 's:Sender',
subcode 'n:CannotProcessFilter', reason 'The data source could not process
the filter. The filter might be missing or it might be invalid. Change the
filter and try the request again.  ', detail '500The specified class does
not exist in the given namespace. HRESULT 0x8033801a0052150858778HRESULTThe
specified class does not exist in the given namespace. ' "*

Upon looking into the Hyper-v 2012 r2 server event logs, I found that this
is going on

[ Source: WMI-Activity
Event ID: 5898
Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/Operational ]

*Id = {62D480B2-58EF-0000-E580-D462EF58CF01}; ClientMachine = VIKHYPERV;
User = VIKHYPERV\Administrator; ClientProcessId = 884;Component = Unknown;
Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - root\virtualization : select *
from Msvm_ComputerSystem whereDescription = "Microsoft Hosting Computer
System" ; ResultCode = 0x80041010; PossibleCause = Unknown*

Note that* Msvm_ComputerSystem *is missing in the namespace
*root\virtualization.
*Upon further investigation, I found that the new namespace where
*Msvm_ComputerSystem
*is located is at root\virtualization\*v2*

Is (it possible?) there some way I can know where in the source code,
libvirt is specifying the namespace so that I can try patching it up and
see if it fixes things?

Thanks for all your help,
Vik.