[libvirt] Test failures with newest gnutls

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 16:19:56 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

after upgrade to gnutls-3.3.0, I discovered (commandtest fails) that
any code linked with -lgnutls will have not 3, but 5 open file
descriptors upon the entry into main().  I asked on gnutls-help [1] if
they know they are leaking file descriptors.  The response was, that
this is intended with the explanation being that these FDs (pointing
to /dev/urandom) are kept open for backward compatibility with
programs that may chroot into environment without /dev/urandom as the
previous version didn't require to have access to /dev/urandom when
calling gnutls code.

Does that seem like our bug that we're relying on fixed number of open
file descriptors?  Or that we're linking to gnutls when we don't need
it in commandhelper?  Or should this be fixed somewhere else?

Have a nice day,
Martin

[1] http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2014-April/003415.html