Re: [libvirt] Can comments be added to libvirt xml files?

On 08/15/2014 12:36 AM, bancfc openmailbox org wrote:
> Hi. Is it possible to preserve comments in libvirt's XML files
> without it failing validate-xml checks?

Any comments you add to the XML will be lost when libvirt parses and formats
it again, only the elements libvirt knows will be preserved.

For domains, we have a few elements where you can store your own data:
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsMetadata

For secrets and snapshots, only 'description' is available.

Jan