[libvirt] Virtual box storage and network sub-drivers

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Aug 15 09:06:18 UTC 2014

Dear list,

Virtualbox driver has its own implementation of storage and network
sub-drivers. But as of commit ba5f3c7c8ecc1037e44904916989a1c65777a9d5
(contained in the 1.0.6 release) when the VBox moved from client to
daemon, the storage and network sub-drivers are indeed registered but in
fact never called. It's due to our virConnectOpen function where the
general network and storage drivers take precedence. So I guess my
question is: should we drop the VBox sub-drivers or perhaps fix the
virConnectOpen function?

Reported-by: Taowei Luo

Michal