Re: [libvirt] how to adjust the value passed by xml dynamicly

On 02/07/2014 01:42 AM, Michal Privoznik wrote:

>> <filterref filter='hcount'>
>> <parameter name='HC' value='16'/>
>> <parameter name='HC' value='20'/>
>> </filterref>
>> i do not want to restart or interrupt  the running state of vms(via api,
>> not command line tools).

If you can make the change using the virsh command line tool, then you
can make the same change using API (since virsh is just a shell wrapper
around the API).

> For a runtime change, maybe you can use virDomainUpdateDeviceFlags() but
> I haven't try if it works with <filterref/>.

I see 'virsh nwfilter-edit' as a way to edit a nwfilter definition; but
I'm not familiar enough with nwfilter to know if live edits of the
hcount filterref will affect a live domain definition.  It seems like it
should be doable technically, although it may require someone to write a
patch.