Re: [libvirt] Question about building libvirt.so

Hey,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 07:30:08AM -0800, Vikhyath Reddy wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Cedric,
>
> wrappers is a dir that I made similar to examples which wraps the libvirt
> c code. The reason why I am doing this is to simplify the usage of
> virConnectOpenAuth - it's arguments and callbacks from JavaScript. Using
> ffi, I am unable to create the right callbacks and have it pass the
> correct arguments.

Depending on what parts of libvirt API you need to use from javascript,
libvirt-glib may be an option as it already makes some parts of libvirt API
accessible from javascript, see
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-glib.git;a=blob;f=examples/conn-test.js;h=7f9784b8fc55a2be6c7596cfd365d4273d057a2e;hb=HEAD
for example. I don't know if this would be usable from nodejs?
If this is a good fit for what you need, patches extending the libvirt API
wrapped by libvirt-glib are very welcome ;)

Christophe