Re: [libvirt] detection of events in kvm

On 01/04/2014 12:27 AM, rash wrote:
> Hello,
>       I am student and doing a project in virtualization.My project requires
> detection of events in kvm like start of a virtual machine,shutoff of a
> virtual machine.

Yes, libvirt supports various events for asynchronous feedback when
certain actions have happened in a guest, including when a guest i
started or stopped.  See examples/object-events/events-test.c for an
example of how to use them from a C program; there are also bindings in
other languages such as libvirt-python.

I'm also in the process of adding a new API that allows developers to
query arbitrary QMP events from qemu, even if those events have not yet
been ported to libvirt events.