[libvirt] [Discussion] How do we think about time out mechanism?

James james.wangyufei at huawei.com
Fri Jul 25 08:45:55 UTC 2014

There's a kind of situation that when libvirtd's under a lot of pressure, just as we
start a lot of VMs at the same time, some libvirt APIs may take a lot of time to return.
And this will block the up level job to be finished. Mostly we can't wait forever, we
want a time out mechnism to help us out. When one API takes more than some time, it can
return time out as a result, and do some rolling back.

So my question is: do we have a plan to give a 'time out' solution or a better solution
to fix this kind of problems in the future? And when?

Thanks all!
--
Best Regards

James