[libvirt] CPU Topology in Libvirt Java 0.51

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 18:55:07 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 11:54 AM, Vikas Kokare wrote:
> We are trying to get the cpu topology data (cores, sockets, threads) using
> the Java binding of the libvirt API, after connecting to a hypervisor. We
> are expecting the domain (vm) XML payload to contain the <cpu> element with
> the <topology> sub-element, but it is not present.

Whether you are using the Java bindings or the C bindings doesn't
matter; in this case, the <domain> xml is not specified as listing any
topology for the guest cpus.  Right now, the only topology listing in
our xml is when describing host capabilities.  But your idea of
describing guest topology has merit; are you willing to submit patches
to add it?