[libvirt] ownership change for <readonly> disks

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 16:43:37 UTC 2014

On 21.03.2014 18:52, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Noticed the qemu driver will change owner:group for <readonly> disks.  I
> suspect this is intentional, but for reasons that elude me ATM.  Any
> hints? :-)
>
> Regards,
> Jim

Yes and no. It's both intentional and bug in our code. I was going to
suggest to use:

<domain>
   <devices>
     <disk>
       <source>
         <seclabel model='dac' relabel='no'/>
       </source>
     </disk>
   </devices>
</domain>

But I've tried it out and found a bug [1]. After fixing it, I found out
that the DAC driver doesn't care about relabel='no' at all. So I've
posted second patch [2].

Moreover, I've got a patch set floating around that learns libvirt to
remember the original owner of chowned files [3].

Michal

1: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-March/msg01446.html
2: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-March/msg01450.html
3: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-March/msg00826.html