[libvirt] [patch v3 0/2] add support for migrateURI configuration

Chen Fan chen.fan.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed May 7 10:11:48 UTC 2014

For now, we set the migration URI via command line '--migrate_uri' or
construct the URI by looking up the dest host's hostname which could be
solved by DNS automatically.

But in cases the dest host have two or more NICs to reach, we may need to
send the migration data over a specific NIC which is different from the
automatically resloved one for some reason like performance, security, etc.
thus we must explicitly specify the migrateuri in command line everytime,
but it is too troublesome if there are many such hosts(and don't forget
virt-manager).

This patches add a configuration file option on dest host to save the
default migrate uri which explicitly specify which of this host's
addresses is used for transferring data, thus user doesn't boring
to specify it in command line everytime.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you very much.

Chen Fan (2):
  Add support for migration URI configuration
  add inotify handler to qemu driver

 src/qemu/qemu.conf        |  5 ++-
 src/qemu/qemu_conf.h      | 11 +++++-
 src/qemu/qemu_driver.c    | 25 ++++++++++++-
 src/qemu/qemu_migration.c |  5 +++

1.8.1.4