[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [libvirt] [PATCH v2 0/5] Guest filesystem information API




On 11/20/2014 01:19 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 11/20/2014 11:11 AM, John Ferlan wrote:
> 
>>> However, for some reason I see this build error after 2/5:
>>>
>>> make[3]: Entering directory 
>>> '/home/zippy/work/libvirt/libvirt.git/tools/wireshark/src'
>>>    CC       libvirt_la-packet-libvirt.lo
>>> In file included from libvirt/protocol.h:5:0,
>>>                   from packet-libvirt.h:112,
>>>                   from packet-libvirt.c:36:
>>> ./libvirt/remote.h: In function 'dissect_xdr_remote_typed_param_value':
>>> ./libvirt/remote.h:470:5: error: unknown type name 'remote_nonnull_string'
>>>       remote_nonnull_string type = 0;
>>>       ^
> 
>> Strange - I don't see this.  My ./tools/wireshark/src/libvirt/remote.h
>> doesn't even have that line. Stranger still, my config.log (after make
>> clean; ./autogen.sh --system; make j4) has:
>>
>> configure:69348: checking for wireshark
>> configure:69381: result: no
>>
>>
>> Could it be environmental? Could it be some config option? Perhaps
>> something installed?  I have for wireshark on my f20 system:
>>
>> wireshark.x86_64               1.10.10-1.fc20     @updates
> 
> You need wireshark-devel before configure will build wireshark
> interactions into libvirt.
> 
> 

So, yes installing wireshark-devel results in a failure for me to.

So, I stopped after 1/5 and modified the "location" of the definitions
in remote_protocol.x for remote_domain_fsinfo {}.

If move just:

struct remote_domain_fsinfo {
    remote_nonnull_string mountpoint;
    remote_nonnull_string name;
    remote_nonnull_string type;
    remote_nonnull_string dev_aliases<REMOTE_DOMAIN_FSINFO_DISKS_MAX>;
/* (const char **) */
};

to anywhere (I tested) before:

struct remote_network_dhcp_lease {
    remote_nonnull_string iface;
    hyper expirytime;
    int type;
    remote_string mac;
    remote_string iaid;
    remote_nonnull_string ipaddr;
    unsigned int prefix;
    remote_string hostname;
    remote_string clientid;
};

Then the build succeeds; however, afterwards it fails. I even tried
changing "dev_aliases" to "devAliases" to see if that would help - it
didn't.

If I move those dhcp defs to after the get_fsinfo defs, things work fine
again.  Perhaps there's something in tools/wireshark/util/genxdrstub.pl
or something in that dhcp_lease def.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

John





[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]