[libvirt] Entering freeze and release of cadidate release 1 of 1.2.10

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 12:30:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:48:36AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   As planned beginning of this week, I just tagged 1.2.10-rc1 in git
> and pushed signed tarballs and rpms to the usual place:
>
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
> The plan would be to get the rc2 out this friday, and push the
> release on monday if everything looks okay.
> In my own tests, my guest lost network connectivity, I'm not sure
> if it is a temporary problem on my side or something more serious
> in the current code,

Seems to be related to SELinux on Fedora 19:
I get "SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/bash from 'read, write' accesses
 on the chr_file /dev/net/tun"
and my guest networking fails
should we consider this a libvirt bug ?

I think I also got the same with the binary being qemu

Additional Information:
Source Context                system_u:system_r:svirt_t:s0:c241,c242
Target Context                system_u:object_r:tun_tap_device_t:s0:c535,c679
Target Objects                /dev/net/tun [ chr_file ]
Source                        qemu-kvm
Source Path                   /usr/bin/bash
Port                          <Unknown>
Source RPM Packages           bash-4.2.53-1.fc19.x86_64
Target RPM Packages
Policy RPM                    selinux-policy-3.12.1-74.26.fc19.noarch
Selinux Enabled               True
Policy Type                   targeted
Enforcing Mode                Enforcing

  If this doesn't show up on F20 then maybe we can blame my old
selinux-policy otherwise something changed in the way libvirt set up
the tun which led to the breakage...

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/