[libvirt] Fwd: Running the test fails virnetmessagetest with libvirt 1.2.8

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 06:29:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:31:16AM +0200, Stefano Ricci wrote:
>hello
>To better define the problem I launched the test that fails
>virnetmessagetest with the option VIR_TEST_DEBUG = 1 and attach the result:
>
>#  VIR_TEST_DEBUG=1 ./virnetmessagetest
>
>TEST: virnetmessagetest
> 1) Message Header Encode                                             ...
>libvirt: XML-RPC error : Unable to encode message header
>FAILED
> 2) Message Header Decode                                             ...
>libvirt: XML-RPC error : Unable to decode message length
>FAILED
> 3) Message Payload Encode                                            ...
>libvirt: XML-RPC error : Unable to encode message header
>FAILED
> 4) Message Payload Decode                                            ...
>libvirt: XML-RPC error : Unable to decode message length
>FAILED
> 5) Message Payload Stream Encode                                 ...
>libvirt: XML-RPC error : Unable to encode message header
>FAILED
>

>Is there anyone who can give me a hand to solve the problem?

I must say I have only slightest idea what might cause it.  What
library are you using for xdr (or what's your libc)?  Are you getting
this with pure glibc?  I can't think of anything than non-standard
libc causing this.  Although we have people running libvirt with
uClibc, libtirpc, etc. and all works well.

Martin