Re: [libvirt] virtual smartcard support for GPG backend?

On 2015-04-26 13:28, roky openmailbox org wrote:
Hi. I am trying to get a virtual smartcard attached to a vm but I want
it to use GPG instead of NSS. RedHat focuses on NSS becuase of PKCS#11
requirements and FIPS approval, but for most of the community its GPG
that matters for smartcards.

Is is possible to use GPG on the host instead of NSS with virtual
smartcards? Please document how or add support for it.

Is using a virtual smartcard make the host less secure from a rogue
vm? If there are bugs in GPG/NSS backend on the host can they be
abused by untrusted code in the vm?