Re: [libvirt] storage volume download/upload

> The main benefit of using iohelper is that we have aligned reads from
> disks and thus can use O_DIRECT flag. So if anything, any compression
> must be put in between iohelper and the daemon which then resends data
> to clients.

but if iohelper after read data from disk compress it, does it suitable?

> Unfortunately, we don't have a field in the API signature that can be
> used to select desired algorithm. We have @flags which could be used to
> enable compression. Which algorithm to use can be set in a config file
> (libvirtd.conf seems most suitable).

May be encode in flags compressor ? So we don't need additional entry
in config file and without needed flag iohelper does not compress at
all ?

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v tolstov selfip ru